In celebration of Juneteenth this year, we would like to share a conversation between Lonnie G. Bunch III, Secretary of the Smithsonian Institution and Robert G. Stanton, former NPS Director and former ACHP Expert Member (2014-2020), that was held at our 2020 “World Heritage and Social Justice” Symposium and Conference. These two long-time leaders have spent their careers engaged in promoting social justice in cultural heritage, the National Parks and society as a whole. We thank them for their service to the nation, to World Heritage and to heritage conservation and for their participation in our event. We hope you enjoy and share widely!
A Thanks and Farewell from the International Exchange Program Chair
June Update: International Exchange Program 2021
- We’re Hiring: Monuments Toolkit Program Director and Program Assistant Positions October 15, 2021
- We’re Hiring: Program Director for Monuments Removal, Relocation, and Reinterpretation Toolkit Project October 7, 2021
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin and Taliesin West World Heritage Sites October 5, 2021
- Billings Gazette Chronicles Climate Threat Discussed in Recent Yellowstone World Heritage Webinar October 4, 2021
- US/ICOMOS Receives $1 Million Grant from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation to Develop Monuments Toolkit September 29, 2021